Austria, which is officially known as the republic of Austria is a country that is surrounded by land with borders shared by Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Italy and Switzerland and Liechtenstein.There is a rich heritage and high status of being a terrifying place for students who would like to know more about study opportunities in Austria and propose to pursue higher studies.
Even though it is a miniature in country but, it when it comes to size, but there is a world of information on study in Austria that can help students to intend and make this country their destination for future studies. Thus, it will not be out of sync if it is said that Austria can be well thought-out as one of the Mecca’s of international standard higher education.
Why Study In Austria?
Although the overall size of Austria as a country is small, yet it is hardly a reason for not coming to Austria for higher education. There is a collection of reasons for students to choose this country that is approximately the size of Maine. In compare to the size of its population, Austria is home to a number of universities that have produced some of the best in a lot of fields from music to art and everything in between.
Students who aim to study in Austria can have examples in many fields of study that have encouraged students to look at Austria as a favorite destination for further education. A broad spectrum of educational opportunities as also engineering study in Austria is available for the desired students. The overall cost of education in Austria is low because of many provisions by the government of Austria.One of the unique features which is rarely seen in other countries is that Austrian education is unrestricted in access even to stateless people.
To apply you need the following documents:
- Fully completed and signed application form for a residence permit for students
- Recent color photograph, size between 3.5 x 4.5 cm
- Valid Passport
- Birth Certificate
- Notification of admission of the university or university of applied sciences or other educational institution
- Proof of sufficient financial means to finance your stay: students up to 24 years of age have to prove that they have at least 481.75 Euros per month, students of 24 years of age or older have to prove that they have at least 872.31 Euros per month [as of 2015] – these amounts have to be proved for a maximum of 12 months – e.g. by means of a savings account or a bank account at a bank (the account has to be accessible from Austria) or a (declaration of guarantee) of a person living in Austria or proof of purchase of traveler’s cheques for the necessary amount or a confirmation of the award of a scholarship/grant; if the costs for accommodation exceed 278.72 Euros/month, you have to prove additional funds
- Proof of accommodation in Austria: e.g. tenancy contract, assignment for the right of use of accommodation with private person (e.g. family member, flat share, friend, …), accommodation contract of a student hall of residence, confirmation of the reservation of accommodation by the OeAD Housing Office
- Proof of a health insurance (“travel health insurance”) valid from entry to the beginning of your studies in Austria or to the beginning of your student insurance. The application for student insurance with the Austrian national health insurance carrier (Gebietskrankenkasse) has to be proved upon request of the Austrian authority.
- Police record/certificate of good conduct (where available)
- You have to submit all documents in the original and in photocopy. All documents have to be legalized and documents in languages other than German have to be submitted together with a legalized German translation.
- A fee of 120 Euros is payable for the residence permit. 80 Euros of this have to be paid when you apply at the representative authority. Another 20 Euros for the collection of police identification data (“Personalisierungsgebühr”). The remaining 20 Euros you have to pay when collecting your residence permit in Austria. Additional fees may occur.
- You have to apply for the residence permit in person at the competent Austrian representative authority (embassy, consulate-general) abroad before travelling to Austria. The application will be forwarded to Austria by the representative authority and processed by the competent Austrian authority. Since you have to await the decision in your home country you should apply at least 3 months before the intended entry to Austria.
- If the Austrian authority decides to grant you the permit, the representative authority will inform you and issue a residence visa D for entry to Austria. You have to apply for this visa within 3 months of getting the information. You then have to collect the residence permit in Austria within 6 months of getting the information, in any case within the validity period of the visa.
Embassy study of Austria in New Delhi
Chanakyapuri,New Delhi, Delhi 110021
- Austrian Embassy Website: www.austria.info/in
- Austrian Airlines Website: www.austria.info/in
- Austrian Airlines Website: www.austrian.com/?cc=AT&sc_lang=en
- Austrian Airlines Website: www.advantageaustria.org/international/index.en.html