Latvia is a country on the Baltic Sea between Lithuania and Estonia. Latvia’s capital is Riga, Latvia which is officially known as the Republic of Latvia a unique feature that stands out in the case of Latvia when students need to research about study in Latvia is that the education is administered at three levels.
Academic programs for higher education are based on the fundamental and applied science. Typically, they constitute a thesis at the end of every stage whether at the bachelor’s or the master’s. The system ensures a tight framework that ensures, that the graduate enters the professional world with the highest degree of competency to study and research in Latvia
There is an abundance of information that is available to students when they seek information on study in Latvia.
Why study in Latvia?
Latvia is known as the land that sings and Latvians claim that their country is a symphony of sounds, sights and experiences. The Latvian government has laid special emphasis on education and has made several educational reforms that have made it an ideal study abroad destination.
Latvia has both fees paying as well as state financed higher education opportunities in universities.
The Bologna System is followed in higher education, which is divided into three distinct levels, the major reason why you should study in Latvia is the affordable education. The tuition fees and other living costs are lower as compared to several western nations. Engineering study in Latvia is very popular and the universities here are famous for producing high quality engineering and IT graduates. Latvia also has EU membership, so a degree from here is equivalent to that from any other EU country.
So you can still get an education in a European country with considerably cheaper living costs and other expenses.
Document required while applying for a course
- Passport Copy
- 10th mark sheet & certificate
- 12th mark sheet & certificate
- Graduation mark sheets Degree certificate / Provisional Degree Certificate
- Master Mark sheets and Degree certificate / Provisional Degree Certificate
- Any other documents
- IELTS / Tofel / PTE
- Work experience (if applicable than Original required)
- Passport size photograph in jpeg or jpg format
- Email id and password of the student
Document required for Visa process
- Cover Letter
- Long stay visa application form
- Original Passport (valid for the entire duration of the course)
- Passport size photographs (45×35 mm with white background)
- Affidavit of Oath
- Apostle of Police Clearance Certificate (P.C.C.) (Compulsory)
- Cover Letter
- Apostle of Last Education (Compulsory)
- Academic Documents
- Std. 10th and 12th or 10th and 3 year’s diploma– marks sheet and passing certificate.
- Bachelor degree (Provisional degree certificate / Course completion certificate) and all marks sheets.
- Master degree certificate-Course completion certificate and marks sheets.
- Work Experience Letter (if applicable)
- IELTS Mark sheet if any
- AIC Letter
- Invitation approved by OCMA
- Acceptance letter from the University
- TT Copy
- Hostel and study Agreement from University
- Sponsor Affidavit
- Bank Statement and Balance Certificate
- Blocked Air Ticket
- Travel & Health Insurance (1 year)
Latvian Embassy in New Delhi address
New Delhi – 110021