Studying in Latvia is a wonderful experience. It has world-class universities and one of the best education structures. Students around the world travel to Latvia for their higher studies. The main reason is its affordable education structure. But do you know what is more exciting? It's cheap accommodation. Any student can afford it. To get more information about staying in Latvia for a long-stay student visa read our blog. The blog is written by Ms. Krimi Shah. She is our Sr. Admission Process Executive at Edugo Abroad.
Enjoy the blog by Ms. Shah. She has been working with top Latvian universities for a long time.
1. Things you should ensure before you reach Latvia
Before you reach Latvia, ensure that you start searching for accommodation. If you are going for University accommodation, ensure that you book the same priorly. If you are choosing to stay at another place than University accommodation, ensure that you have booked the place in advance.
2. Before one week
Book your ticket:
Book your ticket as soon as you receive your Visa and share your flight ticket with the University so they can keep a record of your arrival.
Arrange for your airport pickup:
Check whether the University where you are going to study provides facility for Airport pickup or not. If yes, then book your airport pickup.
In case the University doesn’t provide Airport pick up, you can install the “BOLT” app which will solve your transportation issue.
Pack all the necessary stuff:
Do not forget to pack all the important things. To ensure that you do not forget anything, you can check Study Abroad Packing List For Students to get a detailed note of the packing list.
Don’t miss important documents
While packing doesn’t forget to pack all the important documents that you will need as soon as you reach Latvia. You can find the list of all the important documents as under
- Apostille Police Clearance Certificate
- Apostilled Highest Degree/Certificate and other academic documents
- Document confirming the necessary subsistence means – so you need a bank certificate that confirms the amount of money in your bank account is not less than 5700 EUROS (Approximately 4,00,000/-) in a student's personal bank account ONLY not older than 15 days. This is the same document that the student will show at the Embassy. On the bank statement the student's name and surname as per passport, DOB and passport number must be indicated. A bank statement is valid for 3 months.
- 3 recent passport size photographs, 35x45 coloured, with a white background. (Face cover 80%)
3. How to carry funds?
Students are advised to carry a FOREX card with them to meet the expenses after arrival. It will surely save your time and you will be able to do things smoothly.
4. Documents to be kept handy when you are going Latvia
While you are finally going Latvia, do not forget the following documents that should be kept handy
- Printout of your accommodation in Latvia
- Forex Card
- List of Contact in Latvia and University contact details
- Print out of your flight ticket
5. Things to do once you reach Latvia
Once you arrive Latvia gets to settle down and relax. The next day you should visit University and get you to register with the University.
We hope you like the blog by Ms. Shah. Edugo Abroad is one of the leading education consultant in India with strong contact with Latvian universities. Trust of our students drives us to serve them better. Get in touch with Edugo Abroad to pursue a course of your dream in the top institutes and as our expert team can guide you to secure admission in the best college and course.