How To Get PR In European Countries? Ultimate Tips

Posted on Posted in Edugo Abroad, Study Europe

The education system in Europe is one of the most popular education systems in the world. European countries offer courses such as Bachelor’s, Master’s, short courses, PhD degree, business degree as well as post-doctorate options in a wide variety of fields. A growing number of higher education institutions offer international study programs with English as the main language of instruction, which makes studying in Europe a popular choice.

A recent report by higher education data experts QS found that the single biggest factor that students consider when choosing a university is their chance of landing a good job when they complete their course. With increasing numbers of students opting to study abroad, and many intending to work and settle abroad in the same country when they graduate, a crucial consideration is the strength of the employment market for degree-holders.

In this guide, Edugo Abroad will describe each step in detail to get PR In European Countries after your education is complete.

#1. Apply for student visa:

Student Visa, as the name suggests is a visa issued to applicants whose primary purpose of visit to the country is higher education. Each country has its own immigration laws and visa is the most important legal document for traveling abroad. Documents required for student visa application are:

a. Valid Passport

This is the prerequisite. There are different requirements for different nationalities. Some countries require you to have the passport validity until the end of the course while others, might let you apply but request you to have a validity that extends beyond the intended stay in the country. You also need to ensure that you have at least two blank pages in your passport for stamping for a visa. In case you have any expired passports, you would still have to submit a copy of all such passports.

b) Proof of a Bonafide Student

You have to produce confirmation of admission with an educational institute of that country and prove that you are a bonafide student.

c) Financial Lucidity

Most of the countries would require you to prove that you are capable of taking care of the tuition fees and college expenses but also have the requisite funds to afford your stay in that country for the intended study period.

d) Language Proficiency

Universities require you to provide proof that you can communicate in English – both written and verbal. This is usually done by a minimum score requirement for various English Language Tests like IETLS.

2) Get Admission:

Getting admission into European Universities is quite easy. It is important to note that different universities have different eligibility criteria based on the course on offer. Most broad criteria for getting admission are:

For UG courses:

  • 90% in 12 standard
  • Completion of 1 year of Bachelor’s study in India or
  • Apply for IITJEE exam
  • In addition to this, students need to appear for IELTS to prove their efficiency in the language.

For PG courses:

  • 70-75% from a reputed Indian University
  • GRE score of above 300
  • IELTS (6.0)

3) Study in a reputed university

Europe has one of the strongest education systems in the world as it boasts of 21 universities that rank the best in higher education system globally. There are also many top ranking universities in Europe students can explore while studying abroad. Choose any of the reputed universities for your course.

4) Search for a job with your job search visa

As an international student, you are permitted to work for 120 full days or 240 half days in a year. This will help you in getting money for living expenses. After completion of your course in any of the European countries, you can stay in the country for up to 18 months for a job which is related to the course you studied. Once you find a job, the residence permit issued to you for the purpose of studying, can be converted into a residence permit for taking gainful employment.

5) Get a good job in a reputed company and apply for a work permit

Most European universities have a Career Services cell, which can help you get jobs and helps you prepare for interviews. They may refer you to companies or help you get in touch with HR managers. The job search is mostly self-driven in European countries, and it is not difficult to find one.

Getting work permits is possible and the rules are different for each European country.The Schengen work visa does not exist. Still, you can work in the Schengen Area if you hold a National (D) Visa for employment purposes issued by one of the 26 European countries part of the Schengen Zone. You will need an employment visa if you are going to Europe for any kind of employment such as:

  • Employment
  • Working as an Au Pair
  • Professionals who have experience and/or specialist knowledge
  • Working on a self-employed basis
  • Starting up a business

6) Apply For PR

Depending upon the country you are in, you are eligible for a Permanent Residency after receiving work permit. Permanent residency permit can be obtained after 5 years of legally residing and working within the hosting EU member state as an EU Blue Card holder. In order to obtain the long-term residency permit, you need:

  • Sufficient financial resources to maintain yourself, not seeking social assistance
  • Health insurance

You may have to wait for a maximum of 6 months for a response to your application for the long-term residency permit. The validity of you permanent residency permit is 5 years and you may automatically apply for renewal after its expiration date.

7) Get PR

With permanent residency, you are given free access to almost the same benefits as the citizens of the hosting state and can also move freely within the rest of the EU member states. Access such as:

  • Employment and all correlating conditions
  • Education and vocational training
  • Social security and health insurance
  • Social assistance
  • Social benefits
  • Freedom of movement, especially the EU
  • Freedom of association or union
  • Housing
  • Grants
  • Loans

Process of getting PR in Europe is quite simple, with easy work permit opportunities for Indian students.

Edugo Abroad – Ranked #1 Europe Education Consultant helps thousands of students every year by fulfilling their study abroad dream in Europe.

To apply in top universities of Europe, contact us today!
+91 70690 07131

Read More:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *