Enter a new way of living & digital way of learning, I hope your quarantine is going well. In this aspiration, We have come with an amazing experiential blog by Ms. Krimi Shah, Sr. Admission Process Executive - Ahmedabad. The blog is about how to get the temporary resident permit in Greece for Indian students. She has a long experience of working with top Greek universities.
Enjoy the blog by Ms. Shah. She is very much familiar with Greek culture and their educational environment.
Applying for a temporary residence permit may be or may not be a very difficult task for international students. But talking about Greece, it is a way easier to get a temporary residence permit for students who have received visa approval for Greece. The student visa (Category D) allows the students to stay in Greece for 365 days but a temporary residence card must be applied in order to avail the residence benefits offered by Greece government to international students. A student should apply for this card within 40 working days from the date he/she has received a student visa. Let's check out how easily you can get your temporary residence permit for Greece.
1. What is a Temporary Residence Permit?
A temporary residence permit is a permit which allows you to stay in a country for a limited duration. In Greece, the temporary residence permit is valid for a year. Students who have arrived in Greece should apply for a temporary residence permit within 40 days of arrival in Greece with the Immigration & Aliens Service Bureaus.
2. Which documents are required for TRP?
Following are the list of documents that are required while applying for a temporary residence permit :
- Original Passport
- 4 photos Passport TYPE (40mm*60mm) and a copy of them in a CD
- Photocopy of all pages of the passport and VISA D type
- Medical Health Book from the College or Private Health Insurance with the required coverage requested by the Greek law (cost approximately 87 Euros for students under 40 years old)
- Certificate of Registration of the Institute or Certificate that has been accepted for registration
- House contract printed via taxis net
- Photocopy of a bank account with 480 Euros (16 Euros for the debit card)
- A declaration that the account will have 480 Euros every month
- A decision from the Ministry for the Institute or College about foundation or operation license
- Confirmation from the College that all courses are conducted in English
3. How to apply for TRP?
After gathering all the documents as per checklist, you have to visit Immigration & Aliens Service Bureaus to apply for a temporary residence permit. The temporary residence permit is issued for 1 year which is to be renewed annually. Students can take help of international officers in their University in case of queries.
Application for renewal of residence permit shall be made before 2 months of expiration.
4. What if you have TRP?
Once you have a temporary residence permit, you can now work part-time legally while studying.
We hope this blog will give you detailed insights into the Greek temporary resident permit structure. Edugo Abroad is the admission partner of recognised greek universities with great experience in overseas education consultancy. Our high network and roots to Greek universities help to Indian students to get quality foreign education at affordable prices.