France Study FAQs
France is one of the most popular destinations for international students. Among its major benefits are the high quality of education, the extraordinarily low tuition fees and the pleasant French lifestyle. France is keen to provide higher education in all subjects and to all students. This is a true statement, regardless of which university you intend to attend.
When student decides to study in France, they generally have a lot of questions and we have answer to all, few of them are listed below to clear out your questions also:
Download France FAQs
FAQs for Study in France
#1. How much does it cost to study in France?
Ans. The general course range for master start with 8K/annum tuition fees and in addition to that the average living cost in France ranges from 600 to 1000 Euros depending upon the location you choose as your study destination. You can get the complete details at cost of study In France
#2. What are the requirements to study in France?
Ans. The European education system provides the option of assessment on the basis of MOI, having an IELTS is like having cheery on the top of the cake. IELTS helps to make your profile stronger but it is NOT MANDATORY. You need to have skills to clear the university and campus France interview. They are pretty simple and mainly focus upon your motivation to study and language skills. For documentation process you can go through our checklist section.
#3. Is France good for study?
Ans. France is the ideal place to study abroad for your degree thanks to its rich culture, gastronomy, architecture, and thriving student life! Studying in France gives you the opportunity to learn the language and gain cultural perspective.
#4. How can I get PR in France after study?
Ans. We have this question from a lot of student and we have answered it in best form through video.
France PR For Indian Students
#5. Is it necessary to know French to study in France?
Ans. No, learning French is not compulsory for studying in France, major of the programs are taught in English.
#6. Is IELTS mandatory for study in France?
Ans. No, You can apply without IELTS in France infact almost all top business schools & universities do accept students on the bases of MOI.
#7. Where can apply for scholarship?
Ans. Almost all scholarships can be applied through Campus France - you may visit this page to know all available scholarships: Scholarships In France
#8. What are grandes écoles?
Ans. The Grandes Écoles of France are higher education establishments that are outside the main framework of the French public university system. The Grandes Écoles are highly selective, elite, and prestigious institutions, their graduates have dominated upper levels of the private and public sectors of French society for decades.
#9. Is living and working in France after graduation possible?
Ans. Yes, very much possible. If you have studied either RNCP or Grand Ecoles certified master degree program from any school of France, you will be able to apply for APS visa which is in layman terms, ‘ post study job search visa’. Once you get a job, you can convert your visa into Work permit. To more about post study work & PR scenarios & options click on France PR For Indian Students
#10. What is triple accredited business school in france? Why applying in accredited school important?
Ans. Accreditation is a quality assurance process in which an independent organisation assesses the educational quality of a specific study programme or educational institution. When a business school is accredited by an organisation, it means that the school meets a set of quality standards, ensuring that students in their business and MBA degrees receive high-quality education.
Accreditation is usually provided for specific study programmes, or for a specific time (e.g. for 5 years). After that time, or when there are substantial changes, the university has to request accreditation once more.
Business school accreditations are conducted by independent organisations, each of which have developed their own set of standards. The three largest international business school accreditation associations are:
- AACSB - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (based in Tampa, Florida, USA)
- AMBA - The Association of MBAs (based in London, United Kingdom)
- EQUIS - European Quality Improvement System (based in Brussels, Belgium)
#11. How much does it cost to study in France?
Ans. Normally good business schools starts with 7500 to 1500 Euros, it can go above as well for some niche programs in top business schools. Public universities often have almost no cost or as low as 3500-7000 Euros. This cost is estimated per year.
FAQs to Prepare for University Interview - Study in France
Once you decide to study in France, you will need to prepare yourself with some of the very basic questions which you will have to face & answer during admission and Visa process. You may go to below points if you are planning to study in France.
When you want to study in France, You need to clear interview at two stages during your process; firstly you need to clear University Interview and then you need to clear interview at Campus France.
For University Assessment, interview are done in 2 ways; either Skype Call or Interview by Easy Recruit.
If the university assess the application by easy recruit, then student get a link to complete their interview and they need to answer the pre-set questions. These questions mainly focus on the language skill and personality of the student. So questions that can be asked in this kind of interview mainly are:
- About strength and weakness of student
- About hobbies
- From where they came to know about University
- Why they have opted for particular course.
While, for Skype Interview, we have listed few of the basic FAQ.
These basic questions are asked frequently during the university interview and also during the interview with Campus France.
#1. Tell us something about yourself??
Ans For any academic interview, Introduction should include details as below: First name
Experience (if any)
Family context and some information about your personality (you can include hobbies or any extracurricular results)
#2. What is the reason for choosing further studies?
Ans The student should link his academic background and experience with choosing their course for further study.
#3. Why did you choose France for further studies?
Ans We have listed below many reason to studying in France, apart from that you can even visit below link to know more about France :
France Best Study destination for Indian Students
- France offers quality of education
- France gives quality of life.
- Offers world-class institutions with a rich tradition.
- France appeals to be a very safe, peaceful, politically stable country.
- Geographically and culturally, France is the center of western Europe. Bordered by nine different countries, France is the ideal place from which to discover Europe
- France offers student benefits such as social security, housing subsidies, low travel costs, post-study work options etc. France is known as one of the best nations for studying fashion.
- Internship / Partnership and orientation opportunities.
- Excellent research and development opportunities.
- French is the third most common commercial language. French is spoken by 270 million people on 5 continents
- France is a world-class economic power.
- Interesting enrollment rates in France.
- France is crossed by large museums and galleries, of which the most famous is certainly the Louvre.
- Furthermore, by living in France, you will have the opportunity to acquire highly valuable French language skills.
- France has always made a great contribution to European history, the arts, sciences and politics.
- French culture has always been focused on craftsmanship and making things aesthetically pleasing.
- France is famous for its culture, history, excellent food and is home to numerous world-renowned museums.
- compared to countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom, the cost of attending one of the main higher education institutions in France is relatively affordable
- The French education system offers excellent learning methods enriched with world-class universities, technically sound equipment and well-trained teachers.
- France is a dynamic and lively country with energetic and friendly people. So overall, it will provide the best education I was looking for in further studies.
#4. 4Why you want to study abroad and not in India?
- the main advantages of studying abroad for many international students is the possibility of immersing themselves in a totally different environment
- Possibility of obtaining the double degree.
- Studies abroad are mainly based on practical knowledge.
- You will acquire a greater knowledge of different cultures
- View your culture through a new lens
- Get an international degree and exposure.
- Increase the international job prospects.
- Acquire greater knowledge of different cultures.
- Meet several people.
- Discover new environment.
- Get a global mindset.
- Learn self-sufficiency and gain independence.
- Learn to appreciate smaller things more.
#5. Why this university?
Ans Students must describe the key USP for choosing a particular university. The information we can include can be:
- Forms- Modules
- Alumnus network
#6. Who is your sponsor?
Ans Please mention the name of your sponsor – It can be parents/gaurdians/siblings/self sponsor.
#7. How much does life in France cost?
Ans The cost of living is 1000 euros per month in Paris and in other location it can cost up to 700 Euros per month
#8. What is your future goal?
Ans (Below are some examples of future target)
Entrepreneur: after completing my study by the name of the university, I would go back to my hometown and start my organization which will focus on its development. I assure you that I will learn all the skills necessary to better manage my organization. I am confident that studying at university will give me a solid knowledge of the basic principles of this field and help me acquire the skills necessary to achieve my goal. Even my degree in Course from University will give me a solid foundation and a perfect channel to capitalize on my strengths.
Work in MNC: after completing my course, I would like to work with a renowned company in Europe, India or anywhere in the world. I wanted to become more effective and progressive in the field of my interest. I am looking forward to doing safe work in renowned companies such as ONGC, BHEL, TATA and many others. I am very confident that after completing this course I can start my professional career with a good position as information system manager, marketing manager, system developer etc.
Interview at Campus France
Major of the question asked at Campus France Interview are covered in above section. Moreover, they prefer a detail discussion about your profile and your current preference and your last achievements and accomplished task. So before going for a Campus France Interview, you need to have clarity about your past decision, Present choice and future Goal. This clarity will definitely help you out to clear the interview at an ease.
Documents and Visa Procedure
For a details list of documents required, you can visit below link : VFS Checklist For France Study Visa