Finland VFS Checklist
Finland continues to attract a steady volume of students from India. With the help of smooth VFS process, students can now get study visas quickly.
So before applying for a Finland study visa, check out some crucial points and mandatory documents required for the visa process.
The applicant’s passport is returned after verification at the VFS center
|2||Passport photo||Two (2) color photos (glossy), plain light background
as per standards (https://www.poliisi.fi/licences/passport/photograph_format)
|3||Official id||Doc showing you are legally resident
Only needed if you are not an Indian citizen or Indian passport holder (OCI)
|4||Letter of acceptance||University letter indicating the course, duration of course, starting date, and tuition fees|
For students who do NOT have any income or are not working, it necessary to provide the provide following from the parents/guardian:
|7||Tuition fee receipt||
|9||Education certificates||Submit photocopies of your education certificates (eg Class 12 marksheet, migration and board certificates)|
|11||Consent Letter||In the case of applicants who are minors at the time of application, it is better to include a Consent Letter from parents/guardians addressed to Migri, indicating that are permitting the applicant to apply for student permit, permit the applicant to travel to the university for studies, will allow the student to access the funds in the bank account, and will make all applications/undertakings on behalf of the student for fulfilling the requirements for studying in Finland|
In the case of minors, a guardian is allowed to accompany the minor to the VFS center. Guardian should carry an official id (passport) to establish relationship
- Take appointment at VFS Delhi (http://residencepermits.finland.fi/India/)
- Plan to reach the VFS Center at least 45 mins before your appointment time—it is quite crowded.
- The VFS Center is located on the mezzanine floor (one floor below ground floor) of Shivaji Stadium Metro station on Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Connaught Place. There is a paid car park in the adjacent building. No parking at Shivaji Stadium Metro station
- Enter the Shivaji Stadium Metro station from the back gate
- After passing through security check, go down one level by escalator/stairs to reach mezzanine floor. Turn towards your left, and then right. Look for the main entry gate straight ahead at the end of the corridor. You will pass Russian and Malaysian visa processing cabins.
- While backpacks, briefcases and bags are allowed inside, but you cannot bring laptops, pen drives or hard disks. Luggage can be deposited at the Left Luggage counter/Cyber café which is located at the lower floor (near bottom of down escalator leading to metro train platform), next to China Visa center
- Join the entry queue, when they call out your appointment time. Keep your passport and VFS appointment letter ready in your hand
- Once you enter, after security check, go to Counter G (for all Shenzhen countries). Show your appointment letter, and get a token (FLIR xx).
- With the token, go to Area G, and locate Room B-15 or B-16 (Finland)—they are to the right.
- Based on your token number you will be called for document verification and submission, and for biometrics (fingerprints and photo)
- Inform the person doing the biometrics that you have already paid the visa fee online (show Certificate of Pending Online Case). You can ask them to cross-check. If you want to receive the Finland resident card by courier, inform the person, so that they will generate the receipt accordingly.
- Pay the VFS fee (receipt will be given after biometrics are done). Pay at the cash counters (C-1 to C-5). Amount is Rs 5,600 (VFS fee) + Rs 482 (courier)
- Bring the cash deposit receipt back to the biometric room, and give the cash paid slip. Important: You MUST give the cash paid slip to the biometric room, otherwise your application will not be processed further.
- Keep the main VFS receipt carefully as it has the reference number you can use to track the visa process.
- Track the status of your application frequently on Migri site, using the login created earlier. Any additional communication and status updates will be directly sent to you by Migri
- In some cases, applicants may be called to Finland embassy for interview, or for clarification of documents. You will be directly contacted by the embassy.
What are you waiting for?
Now with Edugo Abroad apply in the top universities of Finland, For any additional questions, give us a call or email us.